Introduction to Addiction and Recovery
(Based on 49 Tips and Insights for Understanding Addiction)
Both Addiction AND Recovery follow a predictable path that can be measured. However, without a fundamental understanding of the progression of an addiction, that is, how substance use becomes addiction, it is difficult to see the path. What’s more, if the Addiction path isn’t understood, then the path towards Recovery can almost appear random and unfathomable.
This course allows a fundamental understanding of both Addiction and Recovery to emerge within a participant’s OWN frame of reference. Core learning objectives for the course are for participants to:
- Understand the “Substance Abuse Spectrum”
- Understand the core components of what an addiction consists
- Learn the mechanics of recovery
- Understand the role judgement and shame play within an addiction
- Understand their own perspective about Addiction and Recovery
After reading the book at their own pace, participants will gauge their learning through the online “test” located at http://jblea1016ceu.moodlecloud.com. This test consists of 25 multiple choice questions and 5 essay questions that allow participants to measure their level of success. Upon passing the test with a score of 70% or better, participants are issued 6 continuing education units.
To register, please click on the button below.
Upon successful course payment of $40.00 (Note: you do not need a paypal account; a single credit/debit transaction is fine), you will be registered and provided with:
- The book, 49 Tips and Insights for Understanding Addiction upon which the test is based
- Your course login credentials and instructions for taking the test (including the URL and links to click)
If you need more information, please email Juan Blea MA, LADC at firstname.lastname@example.org